Our program starts with the K3 experience for three-year-old and extends into our K4/Junior Kindergarten Experience. We offer Half-Day and Full-Day options as well as three and five day programs.
Our morning schedule begins at 8:15AM and includes center time, art, circle time Bible time, learning time (literacy and language, number/math skills, exploratory science & history), gross motor games, story time, music/songs and reflection time. Dismissal for Half Day students is at 12:15PM.
The afternoon continues with an additional learning time to reinforce concepts from the morning, learning centers, lunch, rest time, more gross motor activities, additional story time and music/songs and language activity. Dismissal for the full day program is at 3:15PM.
Our preschool curriculum is designed and and vertically aligned to meet the developmental needs of children spiritually, intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically and is based on Virginia’s Foundation Blocks for Early Learning.
Grove’s Preschool Experience Includes:
- Full and half day programs for K3 and JK
- A curriculum that meets and exceeds state standards – with a Biblical worldview
- ACSI accreditation
- Small class sizes
- Hands-on learning
- Phonics-based reading instruction
- Field trips
- Manipulative-based, hands-on math
- Parent involvement
- Bible study
- Bible via memorization
- Art & Music
- Music and poetry integration
- Enriching story time
- Special Events: Pajama Day, International Day, Beach Day
- Subject-oriented art projects
- Indoor play space
- Field Day
- Student aides from our high school
- Weekly chapels