We are a specialty school.
All of the spiritual, intellectual, athletic and social developments that are part of the profile of a GCS student are directed towards a singular end: helping each student become an influential leader for Christ in whatever way God may call each student according their varying talents and abilities that He gave to them.
We design to cultivate 21st century learners who can think both critically and creatively.
Grove Christian School was established in 1978 as a ministry of Grove Avenue Baptist Church. Located in the church’s modern facilities, the school was created so that students would be taught the same Christian values at school as instilled in the home and the church.
“We are One,” is our school’s theme. It is incorporated into every aspect of a Grove education – academics, athletics, biblical training and student life.
We are accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and Cognia, ensuring that we meet and even exceed state education requirements.
From The Head of School, Dr. Julia Lloyd
My Prayers for GCS:
- That each member of the GCS community knows the only true God and the one He has sent – Jesus Christ. (John 17: 3)
- That each member of the GCS community keeps the Word and brings glory to the Father. (John 17: 6)
- That each member of the GCS community is protected by the power of the name of Jesus Christ and that not one is lost. (John 17:12)
- That each member of the GCS community is sanctified by the truth. (John 17:17)
- That each member of the GCS community be completely one so that the world may know Jesus and know the love the Father has for each of us. (John 17:23)
Grove Christian School exists to partner with Christian parents by providing a Christ-centered environment that integrates learning with biblical faith so that students can achieve God’s purpose for their lives—spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially.
At Grove Christian School, we equip servant leaders to follow Jesus to transform generations and nations and impact the world.
Strategic Plan & Annual Report
Statement of Faith
Grove Avenue Baptist Church and Grove Christian School uphold the following doctrines of Christian Faith:
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God.
2. We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, and that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved.
5. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
6. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
8. We believe marriage is the original and foundational institution of human society, established by God and described in Scripture as a one-flesh, covenantal union between a natural-born man and a natural-born woman that is intended to be life-long (until separated by death), exclusive (monogamous and faithful), and procreative in nature (designed for bearing and rearing children). It is to reflect the relationship between Christ and the Church. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to only occur between a natural-born man and a natural-born woman who are married to each other.
9. This definition of marriage is intimately connected to other foundational matters of our faith as described in our Statement of Faith. Based on our Biblical beliefs, any attempt to alter one’s birth gender does not align with our Statement of Faith.
Find out more for yourself!
Visit our contact page to ask a quick question or click the Request Information button to begin a deeper discussion about attending GCS