—Living Out What We Believe
Grove is not just any private school. We have a heart for Christian education and our objective is to train and develop community leaders whose mission is to glorify God with their lives. Challenging academics prepare the students for any career into which God directs them. Our core values are what give them the foundation to serve God in these various avenues with confidence and purpose.
Our core values are based on our Biblical beliefs stated below and demonstrated in spirituality, service and unity. Service and discipleship opportunities provide students experience in leadership, stewardship, and servanthood, all vital components of a God-centered life. Times of fun and fellowship strenghten unity, not just amongst classmates, but throughout the entire school.
GCS Mission Statement
Grove Christian School exists to partner with Christian parents by providing a Christ-centered educational environment fostering spiritual, academic, and physical maturity of students.
Philosophy of Education
The philosophy of education at Grove Christian School is that:
- God sees man as His foremost creation, His child (a) lost; (b) redeemed; (c) restored in body, soul, and mind. While this process is completed in eternal life, the process is begun and expresses itself in the here and now.
- Christian educators see the child as God's foremost creation, created righteous and holy, given a rational mind and impressionable personality. He is alienated from God through sin but redeemable and the object of God's love and forgiveness. A child is a unique personality capable of developing his talents with a sense of individual freedom to glorify God and serve mankind.
- Because people today need to be led to repentance and nurtured in the Gospel, our task as Christians is to lead them to Christ. He is the center of the Christian life and Christian education. Thus, all instruction in a Christian school must be consciously Christcentered and Biblebased. Christian instruction proclaims the relevance of the Christian faith to the questions and challenges of today.
- Christian education should lead the person to be responsive in all aspects of his personality. Only then will he be equipped to see and serve God in the world.
- It must be clearly understood that it is the school's job to support parents in Christian education. It is the unified work of this school, the church, and particularly the parents that enables each child to reach his full potential in Christ.
Statement of Faith
Grove Avenue Baptist Church and Grove Christian School uphold the following doctrines of Christian Faith:
- The inspiration of the Bible, equally in all parts and without error in its origin
- The one God, eternally existent Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who created man by a direct and immediate act
- The preexistence, incarnation, virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutional death, bodily resurrection, ascension to Heaven, and second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ
- The fall of man, the need for regeneration by the operation of the Holy Spirit on the basis of grace alone, and the resurrection of all to life or damnation determined by each individual's personal decision to receive Christ as Lord and Savior
- The spiritual relationship of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, living a life ofrighteous works, separated from the world, witnessing of His saving grace through the ministry of the Holy Spirit