From The Head of School, Julia Lloyd
What am I passionate about people knowing about Grove Christian School?
We are a specialty school. All of the spiritual, intellectual, athletic and social developments that are part of the profile of a Grove Christian School student are directed towards a singular end: help each student become an influential servant leader for Christ. Grove Christian School was established in 1978 as a ministry of Grove Avenue Baptist Church. Located in the church's modern facilities, the school was created so that students would be taught the same Christian values at school as instilled in the home and the church. “We are One,” is our school’s theme and it comes directly from Jesus as he prays for all believers (John 17:20-26). It is incorporated into every aspect of a Grove education - academics, athletics, biblical training and student life. Our goal is to partner with parents to help them to equip 21st Century learners to become leaders for Christ so that they impact generations and nations.
I am also passionate about the future of Grove Christian School. I invite you to read the strategic plan below, crafted as a result of accreditation and the input of all stakeholders - GCS families, faculty and staff, and School Board members.
Goals for GCS Students, Faculty, Parents and Community for 2017-18
- We will walk worthy of the calling we have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, accepting one another in love, diligently keeping the unity of the Spirit with the peace that binds us (Ephesians 4:1-3).
- We will speak the truth in love, growing in every way into Him who is the head – Christ. (Ephesians 4:15)
- We will be rooted and firmly established in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the length and width, height and depth of God’s love, and to know the Messiah’s love that surpasses knowledge so that we may be filled with all the fullness of God. (Ephesians 3:17-19)
My Prayers for GCS for 2017-18
- That each member of the GCS community knows the only true God and the one He has sent – Jesus Christ. (John 17: 3)
- That each member of the GCS community keeps the Word and brings glory to the Father. (John 17: 6)
- That each member of the GCS community is protected by the power of the name of Jesus Christ and that not one is lost. (John 17:12)
- That each member of the GCS community is sanctified by the truth. (John 17:17)
- That each member of the GCS community be completely one so that the world may know Jesus and know the love the Father has for each of us. (John 17:23)